Yes, folks, after 5+ years of cyclically starting and stopping this site, I’ve finally managed to reach the 1000th post. I’ve really enjoyed writing here, as well as at JunkYardBlog, Innocent Bystanders, and Ace of Spades HQ.
This occasion is especially significant, as it also marks the date of the 5000th post at Innocent Bystanders!! Congrats, Michael and Retired Geezer!
So, over the past 5 years, what have been the most popular posts here? I’m glad you asked:
- Daily Debunking (sort of): The miraculous powers of Preparation H
- Recovery? Hah! Just Oscillating Unemployment Claims
- Cold War II: Sino-russian economic ties
- Obama denies
- The right to self-defense
- Car crash hysteria from the Washington Post
- China’s Secret Nuclear Submarine Base
- Daily (sort of) Debunking: pronunciation of “primer” and “flaccid”
- About the Famous Obama Tax Cuts
- Daily Debunking: Pronunciation of “forte”
There are also a few posts deserving an honorable mention:
- Paul Anka Transcript: Find out what the guys get and who’s the most important one on the stage!!
- The Creation Myth: Obama’s 4 Million Jobs & Are we stimulated yet?: These were the first appearances of The Chart, which went viral when I posted it at Innocent Bystanders in May 2009.
- Q. When is 45 million not 45 million?: This post addressed the inflated and misinterpreted statistics for health insurance. When I reposted it at JunkYardBlog, it got 24,000 hits in one day. I think that’s a personal record – not even The Chart managed to pull in that many hits.
When I started this blog I had unrealistically high hopes that it would be a fact-centered place where reason and right would prevail. As a new blogger with that lofty goal, I was very fascist in the early years, booting people off when they didn’t meet my standards for commenting. I’ve mellowed and gotten a little wiser, I hope, so that now I don’t mind so much if people make illogical or unsupported arguments.
Well, at least I don’t boot them off so quickly.